Monday, December 6, 2010

In the House


In the house
1. Laundry
It has taken me most of the week, most of the day, most of a hour, most of my free time and a bit of humor to do one load of laundry that is mostly made up of work clothes andddddd I still haven’t put those clothes away. 
2. Dusting
Talk about recycling. By the time I start dusting at one end it’s time to start over at the beginning.  The only true dust free area is the seat of my pants.
4. Wash machines
Ever notice the sound of the washing machines.  There’s a rhythm there if you just listen.
The dish washer in particular rumbles out sounds like, ‘WASH THE DISHES, EAT THE FOOD, WASH THE DISHES, EAT THE FOOD to a deep jungle tune. Makes your butt move.
3. Writing
Act of defiance? Despair? Delonelyness, de waste of time, should be doing something constructive like…..laundry, ugh, dusting, ugh, ugh.
4. Dishes
 I had just finishing washing dishes.
My hands where still wet from the effort.
In an act of foolishness I reached out my right hand to a very pretty girl. 
She took that hand in both of her own and rubbed mine gently with much tenderness until they were dry.
Then she held them for the longest time, forever I think
 
Ben Dec 6th 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment